Zakopane, a picturesque town located in the heart of the Polish Tatra Mountains, delights not only with its charm, but also with the wide range of various attractions that can be found here, especially during the magical autumn. All this is because it is the largest town in the immediate vicinity of the stunning Tatra Mountains.
The upcoming November long weekend is the perfect opportunity to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, stroll through the magical corners of Zakopane and admire the beauty of nature in its autumnal guise. What to do during the November long weekend in Zakopane? We suggest.
First of all, do not delay and book accommodation as soon as possible. Facilities during this period are very crowded and finding a suitable flat may prove difficult. What should you look for? Guest reviews, location and the standard of service. These factors are a guarantee that your stay will be free of uncomfortable surprises associated with accommodation in the capital of the Polish Tatra Mountains.
Secondly, try to plan your stay. This will help you save time and nerves by booking restaurants or buying tickets at the last minute and make the most of your time in the Capital of the Polish Tatra Mountains. What is worth doing on a long weekend in Zakopane. We suggest!
1. A walk in the Tatra National Park: The autumn colours of the surrounding mountains and valleys make walking in the Tatra Mountains an extraordinary pleasure. In November, you can enjoy the fresh air and the beauty of nature while taking advantage of the all-encompassing charms. It is a time when you can find a destination almost regardless of the weather. Do you like a challenge and conquer another mountain peak, or perhaps you are looking for a place for a romantic walk. It doesn't matter, because the multitude of great places that are close to Zakopane will ensure that no matter what you are looking for, you are sure to find the perfect destination for you.
2. A visit to Gubałówka: This is a must-see for every tourist. Whether you're travelling alone, with friends or family, Gubałówka not only offers incredible views of the Tatra Mountains, but also numerous inns serving traditional highlander dishes and small stalls selling regional souvenirs. A photo from the top of this iconic mountain is almost mandatory in any mountain lover's album. There is a cable car to Gubałówka itself, which, although besieged, is the only publicly accessible way to the top of the mountain. A ticket costs between 19 and 27 zlotys round trip, and the journey itself takes literally a few minutes.
3. Thermal baths and relaxation in thermal pools: Zakopane is famous for its numerous thermal pools, which provide the perfect opportunity to relax and unwind after an active day. Are you looking for a place with a wide range of saunas? Or perhaps a thermal bath with numerous pools for children. The wide range of thermal pools in and around Zakopane guarantees that almost everyone will find something for themselves. A visit to one of them is undoubtedly an interesting point during a long weekend in Zakopane. If you want to know more, have a look at our blog, which we have devoted entirely to the thermal baths in Podhale.
4. Culinary tours of regional flavours: The long November weekend is the perfect time to taste traditional highland dishes. Oscypki, kwaśnica, sausages baked on wood or regional dumplings are sure to delight the palate of every gourmet. Cooler weather is conducive to culinary conquests, so it is also worth bearing this in mind when planning a long weekend in Zakopane. A word of advice! If you plan to eat at a popular place during a long weekend in Zakopane, be sure to book a table in advance.
5. Enjoy a comfortable holiday in apartment with a view: To make your stay even more special, we recommend taking advantage of suites that offer not only comfort, the highest standard of service, but also picturesque views of the surrounding mountains or rooms with wood-burning fireplaces. Also check out the furnishings and modern amenities that will make the place of your choice perfect not only for resting, but also for relaxing after a day full of activity.
Autumn in Zakopane is a time when the mountains come alive with colour and the fresh air allows you to breathe fully. The long November weekend is an ideal opportunity to visit this charming place and take advantage of the rich offer it has to offer. Unforgettable moments spent among the mountain peaks will remain in your memory for a long time.